Monday, December 2, 2013

Porsche Carrera GT - RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas


 
When I heard that Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas had died in a wreck of a Porsche Carrera GT, it rang a bell.
 
 
Sure enough. A couple of years ago, a Porsche Carrera GT appeared in the back of the parking lot here at WGAR. I saw it from my office and from a distance of nearly 300 yards I knew that day we had a special guest. I grabbed my camera.
 
 
All Porsche's are special. The Carrera GT even more so.
 
 
 The Porsche Carrera GT was a mid engine automobile built by Porsche between 2004–2007. Sports Car International named it the number one on its list of Top Sports Cars of the 2000s and number eight on a list of Top Sports Cars of All Time.
 

The $400,000 GT is powered by a 5.7 liter, dual over head cam, 40 valve V-10 engine making 612 horsepower. It can accelerate from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and exceed 200 mph. 
 

Only 604 were ever sold in the United States.
 
 
RIP, gentlemen.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment