Monday, December 5, 2011

Dodge Challenger RT - Merry Christmas


Since I’m a “car guy” I get asked a lot as to what my favorite car is. I hem and haw and come up with some nonsense that for me to have a favorite car is like me telling you which one of my son’s I love more or which of my fingers I like more than another.

However, we’re not talking about my children or my hands so if push was to come to shove and you were going to ask me to buy me whatever I wanted, and I could actually do that without risking divorce,  I would tell you that I would want the loverly hunk of machinery pictured here, a 2011 Dodge Challenger RT.  

The Dodge Challenger RT is the flat out, coolest car in the world. I love it.  
Please note, I specified the RT model. There’s a SE model that comes with a V-6 engine which is just fine but the RT is the big, bad boy with a honkin’ 372 horsepower HEMI V8. Just thing for making those getaways from Dead Man’s Curve even more exciting!
Life is short. Get a HEMI!

Dodge makes a model of the Challenger that’s even more powerful (the SRT-8) but  this one is just fine for me. This current Challenger has been around since 2008 and shares a lot with the Dodge Charger which is a four door sedan. The Challenger is  Chrysler’s entry into the retro style car universe along with the Ford Mustang and the Chevrolet Camaro. Ford’s had their retro Mustang out in one form or another since 1994 and Chevrolet came out with their “retro” Camaro back in 2010. The Camaro and the Mustang are cool but they are not a Challenger. This, THIS is love.

This Challenger harkens back to the 1970-74 Challenger which when you take a look at one of those you can see the familial resemblance. The Challenger is a modern day muscle car which means it does one thing better than perhaps anything else aside from just looking oh so cool. It’s fast. Very fast. Despite weighing more TWO TONS that HEMI makes the Challenger really move. The Challenger is a cool looking, big daddy pro smoothie and that would look so perfect parked in my drive way Christmas morning with a big bow on top of it. Is the wife reading this? 
Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment