Sunday, January 1, 2012

Back to the Boneyard - 1970 Dodge Challenger

This morning I went back to "The Boneyard" for more time with the 1970 Dodge Challenger.


I have a sneaky feeling his time on this earth is short. The whole area is being turned over as a new interchange is built about a quarter mile south to allow easy access off I-90 to the new Cleveland Clinic facility. A lot of the magnificent old wrecks that have been there for decades have disappeared recently. Such is the price of progress. Sigh.


The 1970 Dodge Challenger is a visual delight made even more delicious by the ravages of time. Throw in some bog like conditions on a cloudy, dank Cleveland morning and it's a visual tsunami.



Used and abused throughout its long tortured life the mighty 383 cubic inch Challenger still looks majestic even as the final crusher awaits.  



Apparently you could buy these damn fake hood scoops from your local MOPAR dealer parts counter. I think they're atrocious. Like a cheap boob job on an otherwise attractive woman these things stick up and out as a reminder that someone did not appreciate this Lion for what it was.


I've never driven one of these and I almost don't ever want to. Like being disappointed after meeting a celebrity you've always previously held in high regard, there's no way this car can live up to what I think it should be. 


 Some things on our bucket list are best not crossed off.






2 comments:

  1. Charley! My name is Craig, is this Challenger still sitting? Whats the story on it? Please email me at SchoberMotorsports@hotmail.com

    Thanks! -Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. My email billsbeepbeep383@aol I would really like to buy this car please call me 602-497-5555 I will give it a good home and make sure she gets restored to full Beauty

    ReplyDelete