Friday, June 7, 2013

1967 Ford Fairlane - Drive By


I don't encourage taking photos while driving. However, please know that when I saw this little beauty on westbound 90 last night just east of 140th, I picked up my trusty iphone 4S and starting shooting blindly hoping, praying I'd get something usable. Presto!


I'm a GM guy first and foremost and a Chevy guy too. I also love Mopars (Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Imperial, Desoto). For whatever reason, old Fords, for the most part, leave me a little cold. There are exceptions, though. Like this delightful, 1967 Fairlane. Much like the '67 Mustang, a Ford a Chevy guy can love.


Back in the day, the Fairlane was Ford's mid-size offering nestled between the full size Galaxie and the compact Falcon. Ford built this handsome car for only two years (1966 and 1967). Standard engine was the durable but boring, 200 cube, straight six. The "base" V8 was a 289. The Ford 390 V8, with two- or four-barrel carburetor, made things a lot more interesting. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, I love V8 engines.


If this car has the original mill, I bet it would be the 390. A 427 was available but those cars are very rare. But hey, y'never know.

Maybe I'll see this car at one of the myriad of car shows I'll be dragging my family to this summer and I'll be able to report back on what she's got.

Til then, happy motorin', y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment