Sunday, November 18, 2012

Delays and Then Some to the Frieze

 
My apologies Mickey Mantle, Joe D and the Big Ball Yard on River Avenue. The master bathroom "updating" has taken literally all of my very limited free time leaving no time for The Frieze. What is taking so darn long?


Limited time, additional ideas and some bad luck. We've decided to keep the bathroom on line during this project and that greatly limits my time to work on it. Any time that I do have usually coincides with my free time in general so nothing has been done on "The Frieze".



To review, my plan is to add a Yankee Stadium inspired Frieze to the top of my work bench. Frivolous? It remains as delightfully frivolous and unnecessary as always.

An example of the add ons, that frame around the mirror (there's two mirrors in this room) has quadrupled my work. It's nice looking but again, very very time consuming. I've never done anything like this before so by trial and error, it's come together. I should say trial and error and luck and buckets of (my free) time. What you don't see here is how many times I've failed at making this look good thus wasting a weekend afternoon of free time.


The latest time sucker is the remounting of the lighting fixtures. Oh, brother. These handsome fixtures (there's a smaller sink to the right of Janet's vanity area) mount to the wall differently than the baroque fixtures that they replace. So differently that I had to remove the old mounting (a ceiling fan bracket!) and put in a electrical box the light can mount to. What can't see here is how loose this fixture is on the wall. It won't fall down but when you go to replace a bulb in it you'd have to wrestle with it moving all over the place. Yikes.


Wanting the fixture to be in the same place as before was tricky and, hello! Time consuming.



I had to build out the stud to accept my new electrical box. On top of all that there's spackling. And then painting.



And then I've got the one on "my side" of the bathroom.



Delays, delays, delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment