Sunday, August 11, 2013

Frieze Update - Almost Finished

 
 

My wife has always been impressed with my ambition. I have always been humbled by it.

 
This Frieze Project has been one long, humbling, experience. 11 months ago I first blogged about doing it and after much trial and tribulation, I'm finally nearing completion of it. Still, it continues to beat me senseless.
 
 
Things went south when my initial frieze plans, which seemed perfectly "do-able" on paper, in reality, were impossible to finish considering my skill and experience levels and the resources available to me.
 
 
So, I moved on to recycled trim from the bathroom remodel. Good thing I rarely throw anything out. I thought this made a suitable substitute. Work smart!
 
 
But I couldn't leave well enough alone. Nope. No sooner do I start tacking the trim up that I realized that expanding the upper shelving AGAIN, would make for an attractive "roof" for the whole center of the workbench centered over my handsome, NY logo. That new "roof" would be the focal point for ONE frieze as opposed to a series.
 
 
 
The middle arch I traced from a bike tire. The outer arches are from a quart can of paint. The columns inside the smaller arches from my original plans for the frieze series.

 
 It's not what I originally planned nor am I completely happy with it but I'm "in the ballpark". Rim shot. Boom. I'm here all week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment