Sunday, September 22, 2013

Frieze This And Frieze That

 
Further Frieze expansion had been put on hold temporarily as I worked on plans to push "left field" another four to six feet south so that I could cut longer lengths of lumber without it knocking into my vice. This would've included expansion of the "upper deck, mezzanine and lower level". Also, I wanted this done without support posts. Never doubt my want to complicate the making of ham sandwich.

 
After analyzing what that would've entailed, particularly the part about no posts, my cooler head prevailed and I decided not to do it. It would've required near complete demolition of the upper deck and mezzanine just to, in essence, move the vice. Chalk one up for simplicity.

 
Instead, my next alteration to the bench was fitting my massive tool chest "into" the peg board on the right field side similar to the way I now have my set of drawers set it. Above is an older photo before I completed the peg boarding.


This was not frivolous. That tool chest is fairly useless turned the way I had it since the lawnmower is stored at the end of the right field run. Also, my freeing up this "run", I can have full access to nearly 10 feet of space west of home plate. Before, the best run I had was not even six feet because my massive vice gets in the way of just about anything. Same deal, for the most part, with the tool chest hanging out at the end of right field.


Problem solved. Onto the Freize! Again!    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment