Monday, September 30, 2013

Cadillac CTS Coupe - Not Sure What This Is

"Martlets” or ducklings, had been part of the Cadillac emblem for decades through 2004. The original emblem was a variation of the
  
 
While the market for coupes, or two door sedans, has all by dried up, Cadillac, inexplicably in this post GM bankruptcy era, make a two door version of its popular CTS sedan. I guess it's for folks who like a little extra savoir-faire to go with their helping of martlets. If savoir-faire means to you what it means to me, two less doors, yes!, then let's have at this.


Now, you would think just the idea alone of a two door CTS would have be chomping at the bit as I am a big fan of the CTS and anything with two doors instead of four. Well, sorry...most two doors. Exceptions to everything. This car's raked back windshield hints at delicious, sporting pretensions but...wait a sec...what's that out back? Oh god. Is...that...the rear of the car? Looks like something got hacked off with a reciprocating saw.  

I love the face of the CTS but her ass leaves me cold, stone cold. Honda does something  similar with the two door version of their Accord; the rear end of that car different from the four door. That's where they lose me. Somebody get me the drawings for this car and let me at 'em. I'll show them how to design a coupe. 



This...THIS is a coupe (deVille). 


I'm not so sure what this is. Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment