Thursday, July 31, 2014

1975 Chrysler Cordoba - Anything Is Possible

 
My wife thinks it crazy of me to want this car especially when we already have an "old car" that many would die for.


While the "old car" is cool as hell and drop dead gorgeous, it's that white Cordoba my car loving nostalgic heart yearns for most. Yes. A Chrysler Cordoba.
 
 
A white, 1975 Cordoba represented a change in my life where nothing was possible to anything at least seeming possible. While I've had more than my fair share of ups and downs in the 31 years since I first got that car, I can trace the change in my life for the better back to the summer of '83 when I got, "The Cordoba".
 
 
Our lovely Corvette, as magnificent as it is, can't hold a candle to it. 


This car appears to be the base model Cordoba, just like mine (no Corinthian leather).Only difference, mine had a black interior. This light, bright interior is the same color interior that the Dodge Magnum that I bought years ago and restored to look like my Cordoba had.

 
The Magnum (above) was a cool car and thanks to a fairly hopped up engine was pretty fast. Much faster than my Cordoba was. Had it not started burning oil by the bucket I don't know what I would've done with it. The cost of shipping it when we moved back North, even driving it, from Dallas to Cleveland was prohibitive. The failing engine made the decision to dump it somewhat easy. Still, as nice as the Magnum turned out, it was not a Cordoba.
 
 
This beauty is for sale up in Ontario and they're asking a mere $3400 Canadian. That's just over $3100 American. Anything is possible.

The Cordoba was one of the few bright spots for Chrysler during the 1970's. In fact, during its 1975-1977 peak, Cordoba accounted for 60% of Chrysler sales. An abortive styling in update in 1978 killed much of the original's charm and uniqueness. In an attempt to make Cordoba into something more, designers instead made it less than it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment