Saturday, August 28, 2021

1976 Chrysler Cordoba - More Proof The World has Gone Crazy

If I had my druthers, whatever druthers are, I'd have a Chrysler Cordoba in my garage. I had a '75 when I was a kid and I loved it. Well, I loved having it; they're hardly the worst cars of the era but far from great so my affection for them is driven wholly by nostalgia. This '76 here popped on my Facebook Marketplace feed the other day and if we need more proof the world has gone bonkers, the asking price on it is $6,500. There's more to this than meets the eye at first but that's a lot of money for forty-five year old rich, "Corinthian" leather that needs a lot of body work and has a set of period incorrect rims on it. Tires don't even match.  

My '75 was a "360 2-barrel" car with a 2.4 rear end. And I thought I was all that and an eight pack of "pony bottle" Miller High Life. 

This thing is a little different. And then some. That's a Chrysler 400 with a performance cam, flow master exhaust, a gigantic high-rise intake manifold with who knows how big a four-barrel carb, apprently some head work has been done along with exhaust headers and a 3.91 rear axle set up. You know, in case someone needs to pull down some redwoods. 

But oh, this body. So, basically, this is an engine with a Chrysler Cordoba attached to it. If the owner has receipts for what was done to that honkin' motor this might be a decent deal. Get it for closer to five grand or less to make it even sweeter.  

No shots of the interior which you'd have to imagine is in just as bad shape as the body. And these cars are not what we refer to as catalog cars meaning you can just order what replacement parts you need online. 

I'd have left the body alone and not attempted to do well-intended DIY patchwork. Who doesn't love a sleeper rat rod?












 

No comments:

Post a Comment