Friday, August 20, 2021

1964 Rambler Classic - Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery


I wanted more for my father than for him to be driving the 1961 Rambler Classic that was the first car he had that I remember. Something even like this 1964 Rambler Classic. Don't get me wrong, this is certainly no '64 Buick Wildcat but then again, it's whole lot better than my old man's Rambler. 

In hindsight, that's probably because this '64 Rambler looks like it could have been penned by the stylists at General Motors. 


I mean, seriously - look at this grill. Where have we seen this before?


Slightly longer than a Nova and much shorter than a Chevelle of the same vintage, the 1963 and '64 Rambler Classic's were not only perfectly sized but they were a better looking Chevrolet than any Chevrolet at the time. All of AMC's weird styling sins of the past washed away in one fell swoop. 


Of course they botched it come 1965 and did little to fix it for '66 but at least for a couple of years they got it right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment