Monday, September 17, 2018

1991 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - Ew

 
This 1991 Cadillac Coupe deVille is for sale on Craigslist in Youngstown for $4900. Might seem like a lot for one of these much maligned and derided front wheel drive deVilles but when you factor in the  showroom condition it appears to be in, the fact it has a 200 horsepower, port fuel injection 4.9- liter V-8 and that it has only 29,000 miles on it, it's quite a lot of car for the money. So, why didn't I call on it?
 
 
Because Cadillac's are supposed to be something more than just cars. And that's all this is. A car. An awkwardly styled, "old man car" too. It's interior isn't even trimmed in leather.
 
 
I've blogged before about my ambivalence towards these cars and how they were part of Cadillac's stunning decline in the 1980's. Read about what I've had to say about them here and here. I guess I'm really putting my money were my mouth is since I have no interest in this car even with it being in fabulous shape and being priced quite reasonably.
 
 
Just to make sure of the way I felt and that I was not foolishly not jumping on this thing, I texted my older son a picture of this car and asked for his opinion. He loves old cars and has a great sense of what's cool and what's not; he gently steered me away from a Lincoln Town Car a couple of weeks ago so I know he knows what he's doing. His one word response back to me was, "ew". 





No comments:

Post a Comment