Wednesday, September 22, 2021

1974 AMC Javelin - Gag Reflex


Seeing that I find most American Motors makes and models to be flat-out strange, while these cars are weird in many ways, their disparate if not derivative lines, dare I say, somehow work together to create a unique,  different and, through my foggy goggles, an aesthetically pleasing looking automobile. However, I'm perplexed by AMC's 1971-1974 Javelin as well. I see plenty about them to be drawn to while simultaneously they make me gag.   


Not unlike an unusually attractive member of a family whose members otherwise crack mirrors, I can't help but look at any Javelin, even the cleaner looking 1968-1970 models, and see nearly two-decades of missteps and foibles of the merger of small, off-beat, independent auto manufacturers that came before it. And knowing the end of the movie before I even see it, what they replaced these with only added insult to injury. 


I don't buy the notion that clothes make the man. Dress up in nice clothes all you want but you aren't foolin' anybody. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment