Saturday, January 19, 2013

Frieze Update! - Work Bench Expansion

 
The Frieze project rolls on. Albeit slowly. This past weekend, with the considerable help of my delightful younger son, I made significant progress towards starting on it.



To review, my plan is to construct a Yankee Stadium inspired Frieze (pronounced "freeze") at the top of my work bench. A ridiculously frivolous project. Exactly why I want to do it.


First things first. Updating our master bathroom not to mention finishing a stoop and shelf in the garage has taken most of the winter so far. And then there's the way over due expansion of the work bench itself. All this I deemed had to be done before I dove into something frivolous.
 
 
The expansion of the work was three fold. First, I wanted to expand the original bench. Secondly, I wanted to add to the existing structure by adding another section that was as large as that original and finally, add a parallel shelf under both sections for much needed storage.

 
I think I enjoy planning and engineering these projects more than actually doing them.

 
So, this...
 
 
 
Has become this.

I'm pretty happy with it. There's re enforcing to be done, electrical and paint. Then perhaps I can start on the Frieze. My plan is to have it done by Opening Day. Play Ball!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment