Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Corvette Emblem Is Finished

 
It's done and I'm disappointed in the way it came out. I appreciate you thinking differently, if indeed you are and I run the risk of sounding falsely modest when I say I thought it was going to come out better. Instead of looking authentic, like something General Motors would sell, it looks like what it is. A well intentioned but ultimately half baked facsimile.
 
 
 
It's not for a lack of trying either. Actually, I may have tried too hard. Here's the actual emblem I projected onto my office's projector screen. My tracing was not what it should have; that process lends itself to a lot of work after the fact. With an image as "flowing" as this emblem, I had to make some tough choices; go with the flow or make something that was, honestly, easier for me to make.
 
 
In the end, my emblem is closer to what the emblem looks like on the 1977-1979 C3 steering wheel as opposed to the emblems on the nose or gas door.
 
 

 
Not sure I'm going to be doing any crafts for a while now, sadly. I have to turn my attention to our slowly collapsing deck and ongoing problems with my car's anti lock brake and traction control systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment