Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2013 Maserati Gran Turismo Sport


In her wonderful new song, "Red", Taylor Swift compares driving a new Maserati to loving, "him". While some may wonder about who she's referring to, I, of course, am more interested in the "new" Maserati she's singing about.


Maybe she's singing about a 2013 Maserati Gran Turismo Sport. My wife and I came across this one while on a stroll around Crocker Park last Saturday night. This...is a good looking car. Good looking enough for me to want one for my real or make believe garage? Good question. Let's just say it's good looking enough for me to want to drive one down a dead-end street myself.


Actually, car guy talking now, I fall short on wanting it because it's super expensive, doesn't have a manual transmission available and, most importantly, I'm mixed on its styling. Maybe its the color on this one. This is periwinkle, right? Finally, for this kind of money, (this one is on sale...window sticker is $133,000+), there are better performing cars out there. Actually, there are better performing cars out there for a lot less money. Like the new Corvette.

Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Faster than the wind, passionate as sin ending so suddenly
Loving him is like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall
Like the colors in autumn, so bright just before they lose it all


No comments:

Post a Comment