Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Frieze Update - Planning Stage

"Before anything else, preparation is the key to success"
                                                                             -Alexander Graham Bell

 
 
Finally. After months of work, I've finally entered the planning stage of the actual design of the Frieze.
 
 
 
Way back when my thought was I would cut a pattern drawn onto plywood. Hmmm...no. That's not going to work.
 
 
 
For several reasons. First and foremost, after this much work on expansion of the work bench, I think I can do better than that. Not guaranteed, but I think so. Usually, if I think I can, then I can. And gosh darn it, it usually comes out better than I even thought it could.
 
 
 
The plan now is to use a combination of pre cut moulding pieces, PVC trim and custom cut stock to assemble each piece of the Frieze individually.
 
 
Just like the original stadium's Frieze. This is a picture from a Life Magazine article in 1955.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment