Tuesday, February 26, 2013

'85 Buick Riviera - I Hate Myself For Loving You

I can't help myself. Every time I see one of these I, at first, get a little weak in the knees. Then I get sick to my stomach.

Mine was an Olds 307 powered '82. White. Red leather. No vinyl top. Simply gor-juss and she had me at "why...hello, thar!". Much like this 1985. Hmmm, she sure is lovely.

 
Then I quickly recall all the times she left me stranded. Or couldn't get me to where I needed to go. And how she burned my modest bank account for thousands and thousands in lame attempts to keep her running. I finally ditched her when the right front wheel came flying off. At first the car started "wagon wheeling" while I was doing 40 mph. By the time I could slow down to about 20, the tire came loose and rolled into a row of bushes in front of a bank.



1979-1985 Buick Rivieras, Oldsmobile Toronados and Cadillac Eldorados; I hate myself for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment