Wednesday, February 13, 2013

AC Cobra - Don't Call It A Replica

I was going through my wife's phone the other day (oh c'mon...you don't do that??) and I came across this photo she took of me mugging in front of this delightful little beast in the parking lot of the Home Depot in Avon last summer.


For those who think that a Corvette is too commonplace and a Viper too over the top, may we present for your viewing pleasure, a four hundred and twenty seven cubic inch, AC Cobra. Oh. My. Don't get too close. Those side pipes get really hot!

It's not a replica. Well, not a replica per se. It's a "continuation car". "Continuation" as in continuation of a series of spectacularly awesome two seaters started by the late, great Carrol Shelby back in the '60s.

Note that there's only a rollover bar for the driver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment